The statistics for mobile marketing cannot be ignored. And the stats for how consumers interact and respond to SMS marketing go through the roof.
As mobile technology improves, businesses have the tools to improve their service and make life easier for customers. And it also gives you the opportunity to reach customers with your promotional offers.
Furthermore, mobile devices are virtually ever-present. The portable digital directories harbour a wealth of information. But with so much competition on the internet, it is difficult for small businesses to be visible online.
But there is an alternative solution. And one that can be easily integrated into your existing marketing strategy.
SMS marketing gives small businesses the opportunity to reach customers and drive them to your website or mobile app. And ultimately your brick and mortar store.
Take a look at the statistics for SMS marketing and you will realise this is one weapon you cannot afford to leave out of your marketing arsenal.
SMS Marketing Statistics:
- SMS marketing messages have an open rate of 98% (Dynmark). Compare this with a 22.7 per cent open rate for email and you get a good idea of how much more powerful SMS marketing is.
- SMS is the most direct marketing channel for reaching customers. 90% of SMS marketing messages are read within 3 seconds (Adobe). Another common statistic you will also see is that over 90% of SMS marketing messages are read within the first 15 minutes.
- Businesses recognize the value of SMS marketing so much the spending for mobile advertising is estimated to reach about $200 billion by 2019. (Moby Affiliates) Coca-Cola spends 75% of their mobile marketing budget on SMS.
- Text messaging is the most widely used data service in the world. (Nielsen)
- Time spent of digital media in the U.S. has grown more than 50 percent since 2013 (ComScore)
- In 2015, mobile marketing strategies influenced $1 trillion worth of retail sales in the US. (Media Post) And it is still early days for mobile marketing.
- Purchase rates on mobile are up 22% in the past two years. (Think with Google)
- At least 40% of all mobile searches have search intent. Microsoft claim this figure is 53%, but either way, the numbers are pretty high and are more likely to go up than down. (Screenwerk)
- Businesses that are optimized for local search, can expect 70% of mobile customers to take action. This is the power for mobile marketing (Forbes)
- On average, text messages have a 45% response rate. (Velocify)
- 88% of consumers who search for a local business on a mobile device call or visit that business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
- 86% of shoppers say they benefit from stores that offer coupons on mobile phones (Scan Life)
- The use of mobile apps grew by 58% in 2015 and is expected to hit $101 billion by 2020 (Venturebeat)
- 42% of B2B researchers use their mobiles to make a purchasing decision throughout the entire course of the purchasing path (Think With Google)
- 39% of customers say they are more likely to make a purchase when they receive a personalized mobile coupon. (Koupon) And there is nothing more personal in the digital sphere than a text message.
- Nine in ten mobile coupons are redeemed for both online or offline shopping. (eMarketer)
- The majority of consumers in the US would prefer to receive customer support via text (eweek)
- 75% of consumers say they prefer to receive promotional offers via a text message (Digital Marketing Magazine)
- Including SMS messages in the purchasing path increases conversion rate (Velocify)
- According to a poll conducted by Harris Interactive, 64 per cent of consumers in the US would rather send a text to a business than call (CIO Today)
Mobile marketing has been growing exponentially since 2013 and the growth is expected to sky-rocket as mobile technology improves and consumers adopt the convenience of mobile shopping.
As businesses look for direct channels to reach customers, SMS marketing provides you with a powerful platform that ensure your promotional offers and marketing messages are seen.
If you haven’t already adopted mobile technology for your business, now is a good time to start. And SMS marketing is a vital ingredient to your overall marketing strategy.
For more information about how SMS marketing can help reach your customers and grow your business, get in touch today.
20 Stats That Confirm You Need SMS Marketing