The use of SMS Bots for conversational marketing has grown in various businesses. It aims to provide immediate replies to messages received by the company. Companies will need a method to scale and automate their responses when they get bigger. It is when SMS bots come into play. Chatbots for automated replies are available on Facebook Messenger, just like SMS (or texting) has SMS bots that can respond to such communications.
SMS Bots are not just a one-stop solution. You should know a few things before using them for your business. In this post, we’ll explore what SMS bots are, how they operate, and some things you need to know to help you decide whether or not they are suitable for your business.
What is an SMS Bot?
An SMS bot is a computer program that executes automated, conversational activities. Text bots help businesses connect with consumers by sending texts and replies based on specific phrases and triggers in the response.
They’re intended to mimic human conversation and provide customer service or help. You may build a conversational interface with an SMS Bot that answers inquiries, make responses, and promotes interaction without the need for installing messaging software.
SMS bots using natural language processing (NLP) make it easier to have compelling discussions. You may also use buttons and animated GIFs to make your SMS bots more attractive and easy for your clients to operate.
How does SMS Bot Function?
SMS bots work by keeping track of relevant data on each consumer and their transactions using the facts in your database.
You may use your data to personalize responses for a wide range of questions, from basic text replies to dynamic replies that are powered by data from your database. Anybody can create these bots without any coding skills.
In the banking sector, for example, a text message bot may be seen in action. A consumer can text the bank about their account balance, interest rates, working hours, and address.
A bot may be trained to respond to these questions with fixed answers (such as working hours or interest rates) or with dynamic replies (answers pulled from their databases, such as a bank balance).
What is the Best SMS Bot?
Many SMS marketing software on the market enables businesses to improve communication efficiency and enhance their sales or income by using SMS Bot services.
Some of the best SMS bot service providers and builders include the following:
- JookSMS – JookSMS is the most popular SMS provider and has a superior reputation on sites like Capterra. Over 5,000 businesses use it for marketing purposes. Its versatile SMS bot service has helped these businesses close more sales and drive more traffic. It delivers an excellent application that works properly with no hidden costs or fees and exceptional customer service.
- TextMagic – TextMagic has been an SMS marketing software on the market for over ten years. It provides many features to help businesses reach their target consumers.
- SMSBump – SMSBump provides a powerful marketing automation tool that helps eCommerce businesses increase their sales and ROI. Aside from its SMS bot services are some of the most comprehensive features and flexibility.
What Are the Advantages of SMS Bot?
SMS bots provide a variety of advantages, including boosting customer support productivity. Here are some additional benefits of employing text bots:
- Online 24/7- Text bots are not restricted by the working hours of humans. Text bots, like human workers, can work 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you run a small business and get texts at 3 a.m., text bots may help cover your missed time to keep it running smoothly.
- Automated responses – Text bots can help free up your staff so they may focus on the more important stuff, allowing them to concentrate on more significant projects. If the text bot is constructed correctly, it can handle regular customer inquiries and send messages to your clients without relying on customer care personnel.
- Provide a human touch when needed – You may program your text bot to reply in a natural-sounding language, so your clients will feel like they’re talking with a natural person. You may program your robot to sign one’s name for a personal touch on occasion, such as when communicating with customers.
- Send personalized campaigns – Text bots can assist you by collecting data specific to your audience. It will help you add customized features such as special offers and goods based on location and purchasing history, increasing client engagement.
- High open and click-through rates – Click rates are one of the most important metrics to analyze when it comes to encouraging consumers through their purchasing process. Text bot messages have been found to have a 98 percent open rate and a 45 percent click-through rate, making them ideal for marketers looking to drive revenue by improving customer engagement and experience.
How does SMS Bot Assist Brands in Engaging with Customers?
SMS bots assist brands in engaging with customers by responding even if human agents and customer service representatives are unavailable. Some well-known brands that utilize SMS bots include Starbucks, Taco Bell, and Old Navy.
The coffeehouse chain Starbucks used SMS bots to send alerts for events and holiday promotions and engage with customers who send queries using keywords. Meanwhile, Taco Bell used SMS bots to engage audiences during the NCAA basketball tournament. Old Navy also utilized text bots to promote their back-to-school sales campaign.
SMS bots also respond to queries regarding timing, schedules, and locations. Aside from customer engagement, SMS bots can also be used for other purposes, such as appointment reminders and two-factor authentication (2FA).
Who Develops an SMS Bot?
SMS bots are commonly developed by marketing and advertising agencies and IT service companies. However, many SMS marketing platforms today also offer SMS bot services.
Businesses can now create SMS bots linked to their business phone number in a few minutes, even without coding. It is made possible by the user-friendly interface and features of SMS marketing platforms.
How to Create an SMS Bot?
Fortunately, it is now easy to build an SMS bot even without coding skills. You only need to sign-up with your preferred SMS marketing platform that offers SMS bot services. You can follow the steps and create an SMS bot for your business in minutes. Here is an example of how to make an SMS bot for your business:
- Sign in to your SMS marketing platform.
- Using your business number, create a new campaign and name it “SMS Bot.”
- Add keywords customers can text to start a conversation with your SMS bot. For example, you can use “HELP,” “INFO,” “PRODUCTS,” etc.
- Create a series of automated responses for each keyword. Make sure to create answers that sound natural and human.
- Save your changes and test your SMS bot by texting your created keywords.
When Should SMS Bots Be Used?
SMS bots should be used when businesses want to engage with their customers via text, even if human customer service representatives are unavailable. On the other hand, complex queries should be forwarded to human customer service staff or agents.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to employing SMS bots. Marketers may choose an optimal schedule for sending four to five text messages monthly using an SMS bot (between one and two SMS messages per week). You may also experiment with increasing message frequency by sending 10 SMS messages each month to see if you can improve value.
What is the Difference Between SMS Bots and Chatbots?
The main difference between SMS bots and chatbots is the platform they are used on. SMS bots are used on text messages, while chatbots are used on messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger, Viber, and Slack.
Another difference is that SMS bots can only send text-based messages, while chatbots can also send multimedia messages such as images, videos, and GIFs.
Is SMS Bot Useful?
When designed correctly, SMS bots are an outstanding tool for any business. They may assist you in improving your communication with clients and developing strong connections with them. Not only will automating a portion of your client interaction process save you time, but it will also free up resources to focus on more critical activities.