SMS message marketing is one of the most popular modern marketing strategies today. It’s a fantastic choice for small companies wanting to establish a direct connection with their customers. Unlike other types of marketing strategies, text marketing acts as a one-to-one communication channel with the customer.
Customers are more likely to notice and respond favorably to a text message than they would to an email or commercial. According to statistics, every SMS message a business sends has a 98 percent open rate.
High open rates, inexpensive, greater audience reach, instant delivery, and better conversion are just some of the benefits that come with using an SMS marketing tool for your company.
But, as more and more businesses embrace this modern marketing strategy, the first question is: which platform should you choose? Which one of those numerous services will help your company stand out from the crowd?
To answer that question, we researched some of the best and cheapest SMS marketing platforms and created this list of the top 15. All the services we included should be able to fit your business needs and budget!
JookSMS has provided text messaging services to businesses and organizations in many countries for more than six years. The company has offices in the US, Costa Rica, and Panama. Over a thousand businesses utilize JookSMS’ sms text messaging platform to improve customer communication in a timely and dependable manner.
It is the world’s most famous mass SMS service, with over 1 billion active monthly subscribers. It began in Royersford, Pennsylvania, and has grown increasingly popular over time. Lately, it has introduced a new interface that is easy to use and makes its service even more appealing.
The Best Features of JookSMS include:
- Mass Texting – send, receive, and manage unlimited text messages using a simple web interface.
- Dedicated IP – have your dedicated IP address so you can send an unlimited number of texts.
- SMS Marketing Automation – set up automated responses that can be used to gather more information about customers or increase sales through personalized promotions.
- Message Personalization – use the personalization feature to send personalized messages that will surely grab your customers’ attention.
- Web-based SMS Text Messaging at Low Cost – you only pay for what you use. There are no contracts or monthly fees.
- Mobile Coupons – created using a simple web-based platform to promote any product or service.
- 2-Way Messaging – communicate with your customers using this feature to resolve any issues or answer questions.
- Contact Management – manage customers and businesses with ease. Create individual profiles for each person or company, assign them to groups, and identify preferred contacts.
- Polls/Voting – use this feature to see what customers think about your business, products, or services.
- Geo-Fencing is one of the latest additions that let you send texts only to people near a specific location.
- Reporting/Analytics – track your campaign performance and understand how the messages you send out affect your sales.
The system includes everything you need for your business to succeed – web-based text messaging software, fast delivery options, an interactive SMS campaign builder, integration with other platforms including PayPal and FedEx, etc.
With its web-based service, you can manage your account from any computer or smartphone. This is perfect if you need to schedule texts ahead of time or create multiple campaigns at once.
Customers can also reach you from anywhere on the go, on the phone, or the Internet. In addition, you can track replies and manage your messages in a more organized manner with JookSMS’ user-friendly service.
Pricing Plans of Jook
There are three different plans to choose from:
- Basic – For the beginner, Basic is a suitable option. It is free to download the software, but the monthly price depends on how many messages you send. You can choose from three different rates – $2 for 300 texts/month, $5 for 1,000 texts/month, and $7 for 3,000 texts/month.
- Pro – This plan is perfect if your company sends anywhere from 50,000 to 80,000 texts a month. The rate is $10 for 50,000 texts/month and goes up from there depending on how many messages you need each month – $15 for 75,000 texts/month and $20 for 100,000 texts/month.
- B2B – This option is perfect for companies requiring more than 100,000 messages sent each month. There are two different rates – $25 for 500,000 texts/month and $35 for 1 million texts/month.
You can also add extra services if you have special requirements that your chosen plan does not meet. Several extras are available depending on what you need them for – SMS API, Google Voice, etc.
You’ll receive a free demo before you choose a plan so you can test drive the product, see how it works, and discover all the features included in each package.
The Pros of Using JookSMS include:
- Free demo available before you buy
- Modern interface that is easy to use
- Sends messages fast (SMS API)
- Customer Support available 24/7
The Cons of Using JookSMS include:
- The basic plan does not offer many features
- Pricing may be too expensive for some companies, especially B2B or higher plans
Twilio, Inc. is a San Francisco-based company that specializes in CPaaS solutions. Clients may use Twilio’s software to focus on their primary business objectives rather than spending time dealing with communication issues.
Twilio is used by global brands such as ING, American Red Cross, and many others. The company has removed the barriers to entry for communications platforms like voice, text, chat, video, and email by virtualizing the existing global infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use yet powerful enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio enables breakthroughs in every sector, from lean startups to Fortune 500 companies, by making communications part of every developer’s toolkit.
It’s a global company that can route your text messages to over 80 countries. With Twilio, whether you have 1 or 100,000 users, you won’t need to spend hours or days building out a solution from scratch.
Depending on what kind of service you need, there are several different plans to choose from – pay as you go, dedicated or on-demand.
- The first plan is just what you’d expect – you pay for each text message sent according to your usage.
- The dedicated plan guarantees that all texts are delivered without delays since Twilio has bulk rates with their partners.
- The on-demand plan lets customers scale up quickly as they need extra texts.
They also have several features for each plan – webhooks, inbound SMS, programmable voice calls, etc.
The Pros of Using Twilio include:
- High-quality service with a dedicated merchant account to ensure all texts are sent on time and correctly
- Dedicated plan available for faster service since you have a reliable customer phone number from Twilio’s wide range of partners
- Easy integration. The Twilio API allows developers to utilize a variety of programming languages, such as Java, Python, PHP, Node.JS, Ruby, and .NET (C#), which makes it much easier for them to get started work at top speed (and with maximum convenience).
- Wider availability. Developers may modify the technology to meet local demands and ensure system compatibility across different countries (for example, if a firm has several affiliate websites in various cities or nations).
- High-quality connections. The firm uses very stable software, with an excellent score of 99.95 percent according to the SLA (Service Level Agreement). This is a good indicator; it demonstrates that callers have no reason to be concerned about their conversation being interrupted on technical grounds.
The Cons of Using Twilio include:
- Businesses dealing with these products are narrow in scope so that they will be inaccessible to customers unfamiliar with programming or development.
- Setting up responses will be more straightforward than it has been in the past since you’ll be able to build flows that respond to user activities.
- They have a great UI, but they can be somewhat complicated to use because of the amount of text in each tab. Some jargon isn’t very straightforward. Overall, it would be a huge benefit if there was an easy method to establish contact, but clearly, that isn’t their primary business.
- The Twilio analytics could be more extensive and user-friendly.
- The documentation may need some work. It might be tough to figure out what you’re searching for if you don’t know where and how to look for it. When new capabilities are added or existing ones modified, their communication of those changes might sometimes be inadequate.
- While their customer service is decent, it may take a little while to receive a response since they communicate via email rather than by phone.
EZ Texting is a cloud-based texting software developed and maintained by the Norwegian company EFTel. Over 165,000 customers have used it to create and maintain their business communications, establishing it as the #1 SMS platform for business users.
The wide variety of EZ Texting services we offer give businesses the ability to quickly and efficiently reach and interact with their mobile audiences. As a result, EZ Texting is the Best Place to Work and a top product for small and mid-market organizations, according to employees worldwide. It is funded by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, ROCA Partners, and Investor AB.
Some of the popular features of EZ Texting are:
- Large-Scale Group Texts and Mass Alerts – EZ Texting is quick and straightforward to use – text multiple people (and groups) at one time, regardless of whether they currently have the app.
- Analytics and Reporting – You can check your messages, contacts, and more analytics to determine which marketing channels are most effective.
- Marketing Automation – With EZ Texting’s Automatic Messaging feature, you’ll be able to set up small flows of communication that will automatically send based on certain conditions. These conditions include things like time of day, specific contacts, location, etc.
- Shopping Cart Messaging – If your business uses EZ Texting’s app, you can use our messaging tool to send automatic updates to customers who have added items to their coaches. This is a great way to keep them informed about important product or service updates.
- Drip Campaigns – With the EZ Texting Drip Campaign feature, you can have new contacts automatically added to your drip campaign when they sign up for updates via SMS.
- Mass Inbox Replies – Mass replies allow you to quickly reply to individuals or groups, regardless of whether they’re using the app or not.
- Curated Templates – EZ Texting comes with a library of template messages that you can use to save time when sending new messages. There are also pre-constructed email templates for building out follow-up sequences.
Price Plans of EZ Texting
EZ Texting’s pricing is among the most flexible of all of the SMS marketing services we reviewed. There are four preset plans, which use a credit system for messages.
- Value – The lowest-cost option starts at $24 a month and delivers 200 credits at 4 cents for each additional credit, one testable number, and one bespoke keyword.
- Essentials – You may send up to 1,000 messages each month for free under this plan. If you go over this limit, you’ll be charged $0.008 per message sent or received.
- Premium – The cost is $61 per month and includes all of the functions of the lower-tier plans, but you’ll get three textable phone numbers and six search phrases. With the standard plan, you earn API access as well. This makes it ideal for businesses that specialize in third-party software integration.
- Custom – The most expensive plan is $374 per month. It also includes 200 credits, but each extra credit costs only a penny. All of the services provided by the lower-tier plans and managed access are included in this package.
Pros of Using Ez Texting
- EZ Texting Pricing Plans are less expensive than many competing services, making them well suited for small businesses.
- EZ Texting also offers a web interface that runs much faster than any of the competition.
- The interface is simple to navigate, and the features are helpful. Their mobile iOS app is terrific to use while browsing on the web.
Cons of Using Ez Texting
- Some users feel that the EZ Texting app is buggy and difficult to use. The interface does require several taps to operate effectively.
- The problem with EZ Texting is that its credit system can become quite expensive over time, particularly for customers who send large volumes of messages each month.
- There are only four plans, and they do not provide an opportunity for companies to scale up or down as needed. This makes it difficult for companies with fluctuating customer numbers to manage their budgets effectively.
- Additional features aren’t accessible without paying even more on the PAID plan, even if you pay. Some of the information provided for the BASIC PAID plan was deceptive.
Are you searching for a service that allows you to send and manage SMS conversations from the internet? Send, receive, and manage text message conversations with Salesmsg, an SMS provider that enables users to do so online. You may use subscriber lists to conduct text message marketing campaigns by sending mass texts.
It is a cloud-based communications platform with numerous integrations connecting hundreds of thousands of apps. For example, triggers and other integrations may be used to send outbound texts and begin immediate talks.
You may also use Salesmsg to share its texting capabilities with other team members to improve your sales and marketing reach. In addition, they provide analytical tools so you can track the success of your campaigns.
Some of the features of Salesmsg include:
- SMS Marketing – You may send and manage SMS messages from the web for branding, lead generation, and customer service.
- Triggers – Set up automated chats via SMS.
- Integrations – Salesmsg connects to such systems as Zendesk, Office 365, Marketo, HubSpot, Desk.com, Slack, Shopify, and more.
- Analytics – Monitor your success reports through real-time reporting.
- Web Console – You may access the web console from anywhere to see what’s happening with your text messages in Salesmsg.
- Value – Pricing for this service is based on each month of paid service towards a growing number of enterprise-level features ideal for larger companies using Salesmsg.
Price Plans of Salesmsg
Salesmsg has three payment plans: Pro, Premium, and Custom.
- The Pro plan is $35 per month and allows for up to 750 text messages each month, as well as unlimited contacts and app integrations. You can send photos through your texts, conduct SMS broadcasts, and collaborate on your inbox with your team.
- The Premium plan costs $300 per month and is designed more towards medium to big businesses. The monthly text message limit is increased to 7,500 on the plan, including shortcode mass texting. In addition to everything included in the Pro plan, you receive comprehensive onboarding and top-notch assistance.
- The Custom option is flexible for businesses looking to establish a text messaging platform that can grow with them. When opting for this plan, you must negotiate a price with Salesmsg, but you also obtain access to specialized shortcodes, one-on-one phone assistance, and a managed account creation.
If you need to send more text messages than your plan allows, you can buy additional SMS for $0.025 or MMS for $0.05. Each package includes a 14-day free trial as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee. North American phone numbers are the only ones serviced by Salesmsg, so both inbound and outbound text messages must originate from this area.
Pros of Using Salesmsg
- This service has excellent customer care and provides a free trial.
- The API is highly scalable, making it easy to integrate with your existing tool sets or even create custom ones compatible with Salesmsg.
- Integrations are available for most major apps, including Gmail, Outlook, and Slack.
Cons of Using Salesmsg
- Salesmsg’s prices are on the high side, making it expensive for many companies unless they are quite large or have an extremely high number of SMS text messages.
- It is not possible to outsource the management of your messaging without paying for a total package, which can be pretty costly.
- They offer a 3,000 message limit per month for the BASIC plan and a 10,000 message cap on the PREMIUM plan. This makes it challenging to scale up if you have a sudden influx of customers or need to manage larger volume accounts.
Text messaging provider SimpleTexting is a cloud-based software that enables companies to communicate with customers and prospects using shortcodes, existing 10-digit phone numbers, and even new local numbers.
SimpleTexting is an intuitive all-in-one SMS marketing platform that gives businesses all the tools they need to launch a successful campaign without any real programming experience.
In 2010, Felix Dubinsky and Gene Sigalov launched SimpleTexting. In 2011, they made the complete shift to SMS marketing after beginning with email marketing. Today, SimpleTexting is located in Miami Beach, Florida. They provide services to a wide range of industries and have assisted over 10,000 businesses.
Standout features of SimpleTexting include its list and campaign creators, which are simple to use for both seasoned and novice SMS marketers. On the other hand, segmentation is limiting for people who want to focus on their subscriber data.
Features of SimpleTexting include:
- Revenue tracking tools make it simple to check in on the progress of your campaign.
- Subscriber list-building feature – automatically expand your list by sending text broadcasts to people who have opted-in using a simple, one-click process.
- Message Creation and Templates – create and test your text messages to find the perfect format that drives results.
- Link Tracking – track clicks on links within your text messages to understand which content is performing best.
- Shortcodes for individual numbers or entire US territories make it easy for users anywhere in North America to participate in the program.
- Data export options make it easy for people to download their data in CSV files.
- The system also makes it easy to target specific customers via text number, phone number, email address, or SMS message content.
- Legacy instead of LISTS (phone numbers) which are problematic if you want to send a broadcast about an event
The company also provides an embeddable signup tool that enables visitors of your website to register for SMS alerts with just a few clicks. In addition, they work with virtually any platform and can handle several thousand contacts at any given time.
Price Plans of SimpleTexting
The cost of TextPlus is determined by the number of messages you intend to send each month. There are no costs associated with signing up for one of their plans. Annual subscriptions are 25% cheaper than monthly ones. Furthermore, Churches and Nonprofits may get a 15% discount on their respective monthly packages.
Pros of Using Simple Texting
- Price – For people who need a primary SMS marketing platform, SimpleTexting is affordable at only $9.99 per month for 1,000 messages. And if you need to send more messages, there are 25% discounts for Annually and Nonprofit organizations.
- Ease of Use – the platform is effortless to use. There are drag-and-drop tools to create text broadcasts. This makes it very easy for people who have no coding experience to get started with SMS marketing quickly and easily.
- Experience – The company was founded by an ex-Wall Street trader who knows the value of direct communication in business, which is why he has dedicated his company to providing businesses with an effective means of direct customer contact.
Cons of Using Simple Texting
- Customer Support – some users have commented that the company’s real-time chat feature is slow and unresponsive, which can be frustrating if you need help quickly.
- Lack of Integration – some people wanted to integrate their SMS marketing software with their CRM and other tools, but this isn’t possible.
TextMagic is a fully-featured business SMS platform that allows you to improve communication and operations in your company. You may use your TextMagic account to send texts online, import contacts, and manage lists.
Dan Houghton developed TextMagic in 2001, shortly after the beginning of the texting era. Houghton observed how cellphones changed our means of communication long before smartphones, Facebook, or even mainstream MP3 player usage became widespread.
TextMagic began as a part-time project at university and has since become the full-service TextMagic it is today. Since its inception, the firm has worked with 100,000+ organizations such as the NHS.
Features of TextMagic
- Fast and responsive Web app – the company offers a feature-rich Web app that is responsive and works on all browsers. This enables you to message people worldwide without worrying about what kind of phone they may be using.
- All messages are encrypted – their SMS platform uses bank-level SSL encryption, so your messages can’t be intercepted by hackers or spammers.
- Email to SMS – even if you don’t have an Internet connection, TextMagic lets you email people via SMS. This is great for when your business is on the road and unconnected to Wi-Fi or cell networks.
- Integration with other tools – their platform offers integration with CRM systems like Salesforce, Gmail, Outlook, and
- SMS Gateway API – you can communicate with your web APIs via shortcodes. It allows you to build your SMS messaging service quickly and easily.
- Dedicated Virtual Numbers in 30+ countries – TextMagic has more than 30 countries covered with high-quality virtual numbers that you can use for your campaigns. It allows you to send texts in different languages and localize your campaigns.
Price Plans of TextMagic
Their platform is free for nonprofits, charities, political parties, small businesses (1-5 users), and individuals. It’s $9.95 per month when you need 5-10 users, and the price goes up from there depending on how many users you need. The more users you have, the higher their prices get.
Pros of Using TextMagic
- Ease of Use – since it’s a Web platform, you can manage your texts from anywhere in the world. They also have comprehensive guides and FAQs to help you get started quickly.
- Integrations – TextMagic offers integration with Gmail, Salesforce, Outlook, and more. This allows you to automate the process of texting between your other tools and programs.
- Text Message Scheduling – this feature lets you schedule texts for a future date and time without having to pull your team away from other work.
Cons of Using TextMagic
- It may get pricey if you send a lot of texts and receive replies from clients.
- Because there are no pricing tiers, they can’t scale because many larger firms won’t profit from the pay-as-you-send method.
- You must pay a monthly fee for a virtual number, which may be an issue for some but not evident during the free trial.
- In the past, some consumers have expressed their dissatisfaction with delayed customer service.
Textedly was founded by Alessia Jordan in 2015. Today, the organization has offices in Nashville and Los Angeles and works with a variety of organizations.
Textedly is a well-known SMS marketing software. Its distinguishing feature is two-way messaging. In contrast to alternatives, campaign development and customer list development are restricted.
Textedly costs $24 per month, making it one of the more affordable SMS marketing solutions available today. Overall, Textedly is a cost-effective SMS marketing solution that businesses can advertise inside communications and text blasts.
The features of Textedly include:
- Two-way messaging – two-way messaging is the platform’s most notable feature. It enables you to send messages and follow up with customer feedback quickly.
- Enterprise-level support – their SMS marketing software supports advanced requests. Moreover, technical teams are available 24/7 to handle any issues you or your team may encounter.
- Text tags – you can use tags to segment contacts, making sending targeted messages easier. For example, if your business is hosting an event for women only, you can create a text list of all the women who purchased tickets and send them messages about their upcoming outings.
- SMS API integrations – their platform features integrations with Slack, HipChat, Twilio, and others. It makes it easy to build SMS marketing campaigns that connect with other tools you use for your business.
Price Plans for Textedly
For many small business owners, the cost is a significant consideration when selecting an SMS marketing firm. So, how much does Textedly charge for its services?
Textedly offers several pricing plans with varying features. After a 14-day free trial, companies can pick from seven different Textedly plans, all of which come at a cost. These choices (if billed annually) are:
- Bronze costs $24/month for 1,200 messages, one custom keyword, and complimentary incoming messages.
- Plus—The first year costs $39 per month, with complimentary incoming messages and two keywords you can customize.
- Enterprise—this plan is at $50/month, and it has 4,200 messages per month, complimentary incoming messages, and three keywords you can customize.
- Elite—if you need up to 6,000 messages per month, take this plan at $70/month, including four custom keywords.
- Business – this plan is at $140/month. The deal offers include 12,000 messages, six custom keywords per month.
- Silver—Unlimited messaging and data for only $210/month (Shared Hosting) or $65.50/month (VPS). You’ll get 18,000 messages every month, seven distinct keywords, and free incoming communications on a shared hosting plan.
- Premium—Your monthly use is $350, and you can send up to 30,000 messages per month. You also get ten custom keywords and complimentary incoming messages.
Pros of Using Textedly
- The main selling point for this service is the price. It’s a much cheaper option than many comparable services on the market, making it more accessible to small company owners and freelancers.
- Companies may use automatic text response services to respond to customers immediately without drafting a new message. Users also appreciate the site’s bespoke templates and the ability to schedule large messages ahead of time using Textedly.
- Textedly’s program is integrated into a wide range of applications. You may make sure that things run more smoothly and coherently about communication by simply linking Textedly to other software your firm already uses.
- With live chat, email support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and an online help guide that is easy to understand, they feel confident that whenever they need assistance, it will be provided.
Cons of Using Textedly
The biggest drawback that users cite with Textedly is paying for an entire year in advance. In addition, if your organization expands, it might be tough to upgrade services, which businesses will have to deal with as their demand for text messages rises.
TextMarks offers brands, retailers, transit agencies, small businesses, religious organizations, and nonprofits a reliable option to reach customers and communities through their SMS text messaging platform and group text services.
Since its inception in 2006, TextMarks’ simple web interface, robust API, and dependable service have allowed hundreds of organizations to develop their businesses, boost engagement, and provide timely information to more than 10 million users in the United States.
Some of the best features offered by TextMarks are:
- Text Marketing – Send text messages for marketing, raising awareness, and mobile engagement.
- Text Messaging API – Receive text messages, manage groups and send bulk messages using the API.
- Group Messaging – Create custom groups of contacts and send targeted messages to everyone.
- SMS and Web Subscription – Create web forms where users can subscribe to receive text messages.
- Text for Info – Send standard text messages for general awareness, emergencies, and alerts.
- TextMarks also has a wealth of resources to make sure clients get the most out of their service. Their extensive FAQ is filled with questions answered by the TextMarks team, and they even publish detailed blog posts showcasing successful SMS campaigns and ways to improve your marketing strategy.
Pricing Plans pf TextMarks
TextMarks provides a 14-day free trial so that you may test it out for yourself. After the trial is over, you can select from four pricing structures. There’s usually a $199 deposit requirement, but TextMarks will often waive this if you opt for an annual contract.
- The Gold plan costs $199 per month and is ideal for small enterprises and organizations that need less assistance. This package includes up to 10,000 messages each month as well as 15 unique keywords.
- The Platinum plan is the most sought-after by businesses using TextMarks. This plan, priced at $499 every month, is ideal for expanding companies and organizations. The Gold plan provides client service solely through email, whereas Platinum members can also get phone assistance. This service offers 35,000 messages per month with 20 customized keywords.
- The Entrepreneur plan costs $999 per month and is designed for businesses with more than 100 employees. The package includes 100,000 messages each month as well as 30 custom keywords. Users on the Enterprise plan can create more customized text messaging plans and access historical data usage and messaging logs.
- Customized message campaigns, like those offered by TextMarks, are available to businesses every year. The cost is determined by your exact needs and must be discussed with the firm. Having a bespoke plan has several advantages, such as sending an unlimited number of messages each month and terms.
Pros of Using TextMarks
- Ease of use and accessibility – TextMarks has easy-to-use features that are accessible for clients of all expertise. You can send unlimited messages each month, and you have the option to choose between text plans based on your personalized needs.
- Reliable service – One benefit of using a firm like TextMarks is its track record. This SMS marketing platform has years of experience, and they have serviced thousands of clients.
- Customer service – Once you sign up for TextMarks, you’re not alone. The team will be there for you each step of the way if something goes wrong, and they also provide invaluable resources for your text messaging campaign.
Cons of Using TextMarks
- There’s so much to love about TextMarks, but a few cons should be pointed out. One aspect to consider is that it can take at least 48 hours before you gain access to all of their services. This delay is standard with most SMS marketing platforms, however.
- Another aspect to consider is that there are three different packages, each with its price tag. This can be daunting for people on a budget or uncertain how much they’ll need in the future.
Podium is a text message-based customer engagement platform that allows firms to interact with consumers and develop an online reputation on various sites.
To help consumers manage online review administration, Podium gathers customer interactions and evaluations into a single dashboard. For example, users may use the platform’s dashboard to send invitation emails, respond to online reviews in real-time, and send and receive text messages with clients and potential clients.
Podium’s platform also gives companies reports on their day-to-day operations, including sentiment analysis and competitive benchmarking, that may help them spot possible areas for improvement.
Some of the best features of Podium include:
- Customer Feedback Online Reputation Management enables you to see written reviews, ratings, and sentiment analysis in real-time. You can also manage your online reputation by responding to reviews directly from the platform without logging into multiple sites.
- Text Message Marketing – One of Podium’s most popular features is text message marketing. This allows companies to reach customers directly with text messages, which can be done in real-time.
- Social Networks Monitoring – Podium users can easily track brand mentions and online conversations on social media networks. This allows companies to engage with consumers personally, which is essential for building authenticity within their business.
- Revenue Reporting – Podium helps you keep track of your earnings in an orderly fashion, so there are no surprises. This is helpful for companies that want to automate the process of generating revenue reports.
Price Plans Offered by Podium
Podium works with your budget as a text messaging-based customer engagement platform, so you don’t have to break the bank. There are three different price plans available for individual or business use:
- Premium – This is a complete service plan that allows users to access all of their features and receive unlimited 24/7 support. This includes 24/7 monitoring, advanced reporting, and the ability to manage your online reputation. You can expect to pay $420 per month for this plan.
- Small Business – If you’re managing a small business and want access to all of Podium’s features, try out their small business package. It’s designed for small businesses and offers features featured in their premium plan with a few upgrades, such as unlimited online reviews and discounted SMS text messaging. You can expect to pay $120 per month for this package.
- Basic – This is the most basic level of service that Podium offers. It allows users to monitor brand mentions on Twitter and Facebook along with real-time delivery of your SMS text messages.
For small businesses, you can expect to pay $20 per month. For individuals, this package is entirely free.
Pros of Using Podium
There are many reasons why it’s beneficial to use a platform like Podium.
- Podium has a wide variety of features that make it easy to manage your online reputation.
- Customers are more likely to provide good reviews if they’re responded to right away, which is why Podium’s text messaging features are so important.
- Podium integrates seamlessly with Facebook and Twitter, making it easy for businesses to handle any negative comments that customers make on social media platforms.
Cons of Using Podium
Podium has received mixed reviews.
- Some users have complained about low response rates to their texts, while others complain that the price is too high.
- Another drawback of using Podium’s platform for SMS text messaging is that it only works with Twilio phones. As a result, customers who use other carriers cannot use Podium’s SMS text messaging feature.
SlickText was started by Ryan Kinal, Matt Baglia, and Bobby Angilella in 2012. The company initially operated in Jamestown, New York. SlickText is now based in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 30 employees. Over 70,000 organizations in over 100 countries use SlickText.
Slick Text’s features are comparable to those of other SMS marketing solutions. The significant advantages of Slick Text include list creation and campaign building, and adaptable subscriber data gathering. Slick Text is also continuously adding new capabilities to its product. For example, the company plans to integrate automated processes similar to those provided by SMSBump in 2021.
Some of the best features of Slicktext include:
- Subscriber List Building – Slick Text allows users to build targeted subscriber lists with precise information, such as their user ID and the company they work for. In doing so, you can send more personalized messages that you will be more likely to reply to.
- Campaign Builder – SlickText makes it easy to create campaigns from your contacts in seconds. This is useful for creating mass text messaging campaigns that can be sent to many subscribers with minimal effort.
- Add-Ons – In addition to its main features, SlickText offers third-party applications that you can add to its platform. This is helpful if you’re looking for more advanced capabilities, such as the ability to broadcast three-way calls or integrate your customer data with other platforms.
Price Plans of Slicktext
SlickText costs between $29 and over $750 per month. The number of messages sent each month is taken into account when determining the price. SlickText is an SMS marketing tool that falls on the higher end of the cost spectrum for this type of software.
- Small Business – This plan costs between $29 and $49 per month, depending on which features you want. It allows users to send up to 3,000 messages per month.
- Pro – This plan costs between $49 and $99 per month, depending on which features you want. It allows users to send up to 12,000 messages per month.
- Growth – This plan costs over $750 per month. Its cost varies based on how many messages you’d like to send each month. It allows users to send a massive number of messages.
Pros of Using Slicktext
- SlickText’s web forms are beneficial for collecting contact information from subscribers.
- SlickText offers limitless customizable fields, allowing marketers to collect data for segmentation and personalization.
- Analysts are thorough, with distinct pages dedicated to each campaign and automation you create.
Cons of Using Slicktext
- SlickText is one of the more costly SMS marketing services.
- SlickText is not tailored to eCommerce companies the way SMSBump or Postscript are.
- Although Zapier is supported, SlickText does not provide a wide range of native
Tatango is a well-known provider of political SMS software in the United States. Political SMS marketing is the most efficient and dependable source of political donations. With over 10 billion mass text messages transmitted, Tatango’s SMS marketing software powers more political campaigns, candidates, and committees than any other texting solution.
To provide you with comprehensive information & analytics on your subscribers, A/B testing and real-time reporting are available.
Some of the best features of Tatango are:
- Contact Management – Tatango allows users to build and manage their subscriber lists with ease. You can create custom fields, sort contacts, and use the intelligent search bar for finding subscribers quickly.
- Personalization – Tatango provides you with flexible personalization options. You can use the custom fields and tags to send more relevant and compelling messages, resulting in higher conversion rates.
- Broadcast – This feature allows you to send a message to all subscribers or a segment of subscribers at once. It helps send appointment reminders, birthday wishes, and other similar messages.
- Polls/Voting – Tatango allows you to create polls and surveys. The data gathered can be used for micro-segmentation, which helps create personalized emails, ads, and text messages.
- Customer Data Integration – Tatango makes it easy to connect your CRM or email marketing platform with its SMS platform. This feature helps create seamless, accurate customer profiles without having to input data manually.
Price Plans of Tatango
The pricing for Tatango starts at $49/month or $499/year, then goes up depending on factors such as reporting features and the volume of messages sent.
- Small Business – This plan costs between $49 and $99 per month, depending on which features you want. It allows users to send up to 20,000 messages per month.
- Pro – This plan costs between $99 and $199 per month, depending on which features you want. It allows users to send up to 100,000 messages per month.
- Growth – This plan costs over $2,000 per month. Its cost varies based on how many messages you’d like to send each month. It allows users to send an unlimited number of messages.
Pros of Using Tatango
- Tatango is reliable, with a 99% delivery rate.
- Tatango provides detailed reports that help users track their workflows.
- Users find it simple to use. The reporting is solid, and the Tatango Tech Support crew is responsive and helpful.
Cons of Using Tatango
- They have yet to expand their services to other countries. Their platform is presently focused on the United States and Canada, but they do not include mobile wallet capabilities available on some of the competitors’ SMS platforms.
- They attempt to collect your email address under the pretext of conducting a live conversation with you, then cut you off. SPAM is identified by using your email address.
Zingle is a real-time business text messaging platform that unifies companies and consumers via text and other mobile messaging technologies. Businesses can categorize and tag their customers or contacts based on defined criteria, allowing users to automatically establish rules (or filters) to add or remove them.
Users can use filters and tags to distribute mass communications instantly and interact with numerous contacts at the same time. In addition, customizable fields allow companies to build customer profiles tailored to their needs, such as appointments, status updates, check-ins, and check-outs, among others.
Some of the best features of Zingle are:
- You may personalize Zingle’s profile fields to connect the most relevant contact information.
- To customize your communications and create relevant experiences, define shifting segments of your consumers based on contact characteristics and tags.
- Use the well-known API to connect with different programs, allowing you to create service tickets.
- Improve the conversion rate of your leads into paying customers by nurturing them with customized messages tailored to their contact information.
- You may offer your best clients the VIP experience with targeted offers based on their loyalty program level.
- Zingle provides SDKs for iOS and Android so that you can include Zingle messaging into your mobile apps.
Price Plans of Zingle
Zingle Business Text Messaging pricing is available only through quote-based plans. These plans are available for a minimum of 100 text messages per month.
The Zingle Pro allows you to define up to 50 keywords that trigger tags or filters, while the Advance plan gives you the option to add more filter options and custom fields.
Promotional Plans – Zingle also offers a Basic plan with five free texts per month. It also offers a Pro plan that costs $8.5 per month.
Pros of using Zingle
- Zingle is adaptable, flexible, and user-friendly.
- Zingle is an excellent technique to contact people, and they respond almost immediately via text messages.
- This program has cut incoming calls by two-thirds and increased our team’s productivity.
- It’s a fantastic company tool that has plenty to offer in terms of features and benefits.
Cons of Using Zingle
- The inability for AI to reply to client texts based on “sentiment analysis.” We’ve been informed, however, that this is in the pipeline.
- The automation was complex at first, but our service specialist was always accessible.
- It’s still sluggish when you have a lot of conversations coming in and out. It would also be nice to be able to attach several pictures or PDFs to outgoing messages.
Thryv is an all-in-one business management solution designed for small enterprises to help them with basic company procedures. In addition, company owners may use Thryv to create their online presence, improve any consumer relationship, and optimize payment processing.
This tool allows you to collect, analyze, and act on feedback from clients. It also lets you run marketing campaigns with email marketing and manage activities on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
You may use the software to schedule appointments, change meetings and events, create task lists, and perform other administrative tasks. It also has an appointment booking module that allows users to manage team schedules, sync calendars, and book appointments all from a single location.
Some of the best features of Thryv are:
- Social Management – You may use Thryv to manage your company’s activities on social media platforms.
- Lead Tracking – Business owners can also follow lead generation steps from alerting, nurturing, and closing sales.
- Appointment Booking – The software allows you to gather information from clients and book appointments directly inside the application, saving users valuable time.
- Mobile Application – Thryv is entirely mobile, allowing you to access all your account data on any device.
Price Plans of Thryv
Thryv offers three different price plans designed for various types of businesses.
- The Small Business Plan includes 300 tasks and 100 leads for $49 per month.
- The Enterprise Plan allows users to manage up to 1,000 tasks and 500 leads for $99 per month.
- The Unlimited Plan is designed for larger enterprises with 5,000 tasks and 2,500 leads for $199 per month.
Pros of Using Thryv
- It’s easy to use and works on any internet-connected device.
- Thryv allows you to manage your company’s social media activity.
- You can access all your files in one place with Thryv.
Cons of Using Thryv
- The app freezes when you try to send an email, which is frustrating because it takes forever for the function to work.
- Thryv does not provide a chat feature that lets users communicate with each other directly.
Routee is a cloud-based marketing platform that allows businesses to run efficient, quick, and profitable marketing operations. In addition, it’s ideal for individuals looking to improve their lead generation process. It’s also an excellent CRM software for novices since it offers tools for expanding the market potential.
The bulk SMS software is what this program is all about. It has a distinct advantage because it also includes tools for voice broadcasting, promotional emails, push notifications, and automated marketing. It also consists of a function that allows users to collect leads via messaging apps like Telegram and Viber.
Routee also works with third-party services like SalesForce, Zoho CRM, and Insightly. The cost of Routee is determined by the main functions that its users will utilize.
Some of the best features of Routee include:
- Advanced Security – The platform encrypts all your data to protect it from unauthorized access.
- Data Export – Routee allows you to download all your marketing archival records with the press of a button.
- Numerous Integrations – The bulk SMS software works seamlessly with third-party services like SalesForce, Zoho CRM, and Insightly.
Routee Price Plan
Routee has six pricing plans available, each with a different number of subscribers.
- $10.60/month: up to 2,500 subscribers
- $25.90/month: 2,501 – 3,000 subscribers
- $29.50/month: 3,001 – 4,000 subscribers
- $30.60/month: 4,001 – 5,000 subscribers
- $34.20/month: 5,001 – 6,000 subscribers
- $37.70/month: 6,001 – 7,000 subscribers
Subscriptions are also available yearly.
Pros of Using Routee
- It’s an excellent tool for small businesses.
- Routee is also a simple CRM tool that beginners can easily understand and use.
- The platform provides real-time data analytics to users to know what messaging their audiences want to receive.
Cons of Using Routee
- There are several glitches from time to time with this platform which can be frustrating.
- The customer service team is sometimes slow to answer queries and tickets.
Birdeye was founded in 2012 and is based in Palo Alto. Its founders include alumni from Google, Amazon, Salesforce, and Yahoo. Marc Benioff of Salesforce, Jerry Yang of Yahoo, Trinity Ventures, and World Innovation Lab are investors.
Birdeye assists organizations in growing through delighted consumers. Every day, over 60,000 businesses use Birdeye to attract new leads, convert them into customers with Webchat and Appointments, and delight them with Surveys, Ticketing, and Insights all in one spot. In addition, businesses deliver fantastic customer experiences to 100M+ consumers thanks to the Birdeye platform, which includes artificial intelligence (AI), messaging, and automation tools.
Some of the best features of Birdeye include:
- Real-time processing – Birdeye provides businesses with a real-time view of their consumer data.
- Highest Quality Content- Marketers can use the platform to generate high-quality content for email, SMS, and push campaigns.
- Advanced Analytics Dashboard- Birdeye’s dashboard is very intuitive and allows users to efficiently understand and interpret their data.
Birdeye Price Plan
- The starting plan is free for small businesses with a maximum of one thousand subscribers.
- Medium and large companies can opt for the Pro package that starts at $149.00 per month. This plan allows up to 25,000 subscribers.
- Larger businesses with more than 25,000 subscribers will have to sign up for the Pro Plus package that costs $249.00 per month.
Pros of Using Birdeye
- Businesses can use the platform to generate high-quality content for email, SMS, and push campaigns in minutes.
- Birdeye is available 24/7, so it allows marketers to reach consumers at any time they want.
- Birdeye empowers companies to react swiftly and address dissatisfied clients.
Cons of Using Birdeye
- The platform is only available to businesses and not for individual use.
- The software can be clunky.
- Birdeye doesn’t offer a free trial package.
What is an SMS Marketing Platform?
An SMS marketing platform (also known as an SMS marketing service) is a software program that may generate and send text messages to a specified list of phone numbers.
You may use text message marketing to deploy a range of messages, from flash sale notifications to shipping confirmation texts, back-in-stock notices, abandoned cart texts, and many others.
Sending bulk text messages to people who sign up for your company’s text messaging service is another option. As the name implies, this involves sending text messages to a large group of individuals. You may also generate automated text messages that react to actions taken by consumers, such as signing up for text notifications or canceling them.
Choosing an SMS platform might be difficult. Many venues offer dozens of features, but not all of them are made equal.
It’s critical to pick a platform that allows you to track return on investment (ROI), customize communications, and segment your audiences to help you achieve your commercial goals.
You may also use a unified marketing platform to construct out your automation more effectively and accurately assess the efficacy of your campaigns by utilizing something like an SMS unified inbox.
Why Should You Use SMS Marketing Platforms?
There are various great reasons for you to use SMS marketing platforms to grow your business.
SMS Marketing is one of the most effective methods to connect with your target audience when 90% of all texts are read within three minutes. Text message marketing also has a 36 percent click rate, making it highly likely that your message will be seen.
If you are still hesitant, consider these:
- Excellent Statistics – you can track the number of people who open, click and reply to your messages in real-time.
- Cost-effective – companies can send messages at low costs, as low as $0.01 per text.
- Fast – It’s more difficult for people to ignore texts than emails, so they are very quick and easy to read. They also provide live updates on the latest market trends.
- You can use SMS marketing software to reach your target audience with dynamic content.
- Customization – you may add your logo, change background colors and fonts or add GIFs to make your text messaging service look professional.
- Targeted Marketing- you can segment your customers into target groups, such as clients who haven’t purchased in the last six months or customers from different regions.
- Marketers may personalize messages by incorporating customer names and use text message marketing to provide coupons/discounts.
- You can also resend individual messages to specific people.
- A simple SMS service comes with a massive range of capabilities. It’s one of the most significant ways to reach thousands of people around the world.
- SMS Marketing platforms have intelligent features which are getting more effective.
What are the Benefits of Using SMS Marketing Platform?
It’s critical to pick a platform that will enable you to measure the financial return on investment (ROI), personalize communications, and segment your audiences to help you achieve your company objectives.
You’ll eliminate the confusion and duplicate work of managing multiple platforms. You’ll also be able to automate your communications more thoroughly, better reflecting customer behaviors in terms of email and text messages. Furthermore, by using a single marketing platform that combines email and SMS under one roof, you can more effectively create your automation and accurately evaluate campaigns’ performance.
Various benefits also come with SMS marketing, such as:
- SMS marketing has a higher open rate than emails because phone numbers are tied to individuals. The chances of someone opening your email are relatively low, while the likelihood of them reading a text message sent to their phone is very high.
- It is more cost-effective – it costs less to send text messages than emails. Messages take seconds, not hours, to be sent, and you don’t have to purchase expensive software.
- It has a wider demographic reach – target customers across all demographic groups. With SMS marketing, you can also choose a specific target audience to receive your messages.
- You can run it along with other marketing types – you can use SMS marketing to improve your current campaigns. SMS marketing works best when combined with different strategies like social media, email, or e-commerce.
- Quick Message Delivery – it doesn’t have to be read in a specific timeframe which means customers can quickly scroll through their messages when free.
- Keeps customers engaged – customers are more likely to respond or click on a text message than with other types of marketing emails.
- Customers can easily opt-in – all people need to do is provide their email or phone number, and they can receive your messages.
- SMS marketing gives you the chance to send out promotions at any time – it doesn’t matter if it’s day or night, business hours or not.
How Can You Send SMS via SMS Marketing Platform?
Once you have decided on a platform to manage your SMS marketing, you’ll discover that it is easy and convenient to use. Of course, depending on the software, you may find some differences in how it works in sending SMS. But typically, here are the steps on how to send SMS via SMS marketing platforms:
1. Collect consent – you must inform your customers that their phone number will be used to send promotional texts. You can do this by including a privacy statement in your Terms and Conditions or providing an opt-in option when asking for contact information.
2. Set up the type of messages you want to send – you can either write your message or choose from the template provided by the SMS marketing platform.
3. Customize your message – choose the recipient and enter a unique message for each person. You can also add a personal touch by adding pictures or logos to make your text more relevant.
4. Understand the best practices and follow the rules on sending marketing messages – sending marketing messages without the proper consent is illegal.
5. Track your campaign – you can now view reports on delivery rates, open rates, and clicks. You can also discover which text message marketing campaigns work for your business by using analytics tools to measure engagement levels and sales conversions.
6. Integrate email and SMS strategy – you can use email and SMS marketing to complement each other.
7. Keep your customers’ information safe – make sure that all the messages delivered are secured and only accessible by your team (and not anyone outside of your business).
8. Deliver on your promises – make sure that the messages you send prompt people to respond, take action, and ultimately, create a positive experience.
9. Don’t forget the unopened messages – not everyone will open your letter, so don’t take it personally if they didn’t respond to your text.
10. Be creative! – get creative with your campaigns and try something new every time you send out a text message marketing campaign to customers.
What Makes a Great SMS Platform?
There are several SMS marketing firms, and many different applications exist. However, not all of them are suitable for small businesses. Many text message services are intended for large enterprises sending thousands of text messages per day as part of a marketing campaign rather than for smaller companies with a more personal relationship with their consumers. Finally, many of the most popular solutions are API services designed for developers wanting to create their apps rather than a service that anybody can use right away.
Here are five primary criteria customers look into when choosing an excellent SMS platform for their marketing campaign.
- The software is simple to learn and use, even for those without technical knowledge.
Setting up an SMS application for your business doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Some of the SMS API services (and even a few dedicated apps) aren’t user-friendly enough to suggest. The best SMS platform will be straightforward to use, even for beginners. If you’re the owner of a small company & preferably don’t have much technical knowledge, you should look out for an application that has a one-click setup or is very user-friendly.
- Allows two-way messaging for potential conversation with customers
One way, mass marketing is somewhat distracting and ineffective for small businesses. It may only be utilized to annoy clients. Ideally, they should be able to use a two-way messaging system so that you may conduct a typical text conversation with your consumers if required. You can still automate responses and gather survey data out of many of them, but they aren’t entirely hands-off platforms.
- Allows integration with other apps or platforms for effective automation of services such as booking reminders.
Integrations with other apps or platforms is a must. This implies that, in addition to texting your consumers personally, you may have your reservations service contact them automatically and follow up with a customer satisfaction survey.
- Cost-effective with low volume requirements for small businesses to get started.
When sending text messages to your consumers, price is critical, especially for small firms. It meant there was no need for a high monthly charge or large volume requirements. All the solutions are either pay-as-you-go or provide low volume, low fee monthly subscriptions instead.
- Scalability so it can adjust with your growth and needs as it changes.
It’s also wrong to be trapped into a contract that isn’t big enough for your business. So not only did I want the services to be cheap when you’re starting, but I also wanted them to be able to scale up as you develop or due to a shorter-term marketing campaign.