SMS is a shortened form of the phrase “Short Message Service,” which refers to a text message. The cellular network is used to deliver an SMS from one mobile device to another.
A short messaging service is a technology that enables mobile phone users to exchange limited amounts of text. It uses the standard mobile phone keypad or handwritten symbol recognition to send texts, or one can compose messages just by speaking into the respective phone.
Carrier providers delete many text messages as a temporary protection order against copyright litigation and intellectual property violations. Text messages are stored in databases on the network servers. (What is SMS?)
Recovering SMS is necessary because although messages are deleted from your phone, it does not mean that they’re deleted from the server. To prevent old messages that you’ve already read or sent before can be seen by other people, your service provider will delete message content automatically after a certain amount of time.
However, many smartphone users wonder how to recover their deleted text messages for personal reasons, such as seeing an important text message and resume a conversation thread with friends/family members again.
Unfortunately, unless you’re extremely tech-savvy, there’s no way to recover deleted messages without the help of a third-party service. The only two methods are through jailbreaking or hacking your phone.
Jailbreaking is when you use a device and install software that the manufacturer didn’t give you. Jailbreaking lets users do things the way they want to with their phone, like installing programs or changing how it works. Jailbreaking means freeing people from the limitations of what they think they can do on their devices. It is usually done by a professional.
How to Recover Deleted Texts on Android?
To recover the deleted texts on Android, you may follow the steps below. If you only erased the texts recently, the higher the chances that you might be able to recover them. Although not guaranteed, the faster you try and recover deleted text messages from your phone or computer will give you the better chance of getting them back.
Android is an operating system for smartphones and tablets. It is based on Linux, which was made by programmers. It can be modified to work on different phones with touch screens.
Android is an open-source platform that supports smartphones and tablets. The power of the Android ecosystem provides more apps to users, while developers have a single source for developing rapidly changing devices.
- Put your phone in Airplane Mode: Deleting a text message on an Android phone doesn’t immediately remove it from your device. The deleted data will be marked as inactive until new information is created, which can overwrite any previous content you’ve written.
Switching off airplane mode prevents this metadata overwriting and allows users to keep their messages for longer periods before deleting them again manually through the settings menu or by swiping across one’s screen when in use.
- Go to Google Drive for SMS backup: Google Drive is a great way to back up your texts when you have them synced with the cloud. You can verify what time frame they were last backed up by opening Google File in Drive on your phone, tablet, or computer. Go to Google Drive > Menu > Settings > Google Backup > Select your device name.
- Factory Reset: Restoring your text messages from Google Drive is not as simple. Luckily there are ways to get the data back. You will have to perform a Factory Reset and then restore them on their last backup made with an account linked in Gmail or other services like Facebook & iCloud, which may already contain some of these messages. Once you’ve reset your phone, follow the prompts to log into Google Drive so that it can restore the last backup.
Is There Any Text Recovery Software for Android?
Yes, there are. They are not all the same, though. To know if they are reliable, you may opt to read some reviews before using the software. As a general rule of thumb, most software has its installment process directions. You may follow it as you install the software.
What are the Best Text Recovery Softwares for Android?
- Tenorshare UltData: Tenorshare is a popular Android data recovery software with the highest success rate in its industry. It can recover deleted photos, videos, and WhatsApp messages without rooting your device- even if you haven’t backed up.
With this program, it’s easy for people who’ve lost everything due to an unfortunate incident or accidental deletion since their files are still on the phone itself. So all they need to do now is restore them where they belong–in just one click of a button with TenorShare.
With this data recovery software, you can also recover your files from SD cards, even if they are lost or deleted. You’ll be able to preview them before recovering, so there is no chance of compromising the security and privacy of any confidential information.
It currently supports over 60,000,000 customers worldwide. According to their website, they have a 5-star rating from their users.
- dr. fone: Dr.Fone is a leader in data recovery services for personal usage and supports over 6000 Android devices, including smartphones from Samsung Galaxy phones upwards. Extract files from your broken device with this software.
The use of this software can recover a wide range of files, including music and WhatsApp messages. With one tool by your side, it doesn’t matter what the scenario was like, for instance, accidental deletion or system crash, because you will always be able to get back whatever lost data there was before.
Dr. fone gathered an average of 3.8 out of 5 stars from the review sites available online.
- iMyFone: D-Back is the best solution for recovering your Android phone or tablet deleted data. You can even get them back after a broken device. The program supports multiple file formats, including call logs, messages, photos/video, contacts, and WhatsApp chats.
So there’s no need to worry about losing those important moments any more. D-Back offers a high level of security and a faster data retrieval rate, even after losing them because it includes system crashes or accidental deletion. It can recover from internal memory and SD cards for the successful recovery process to be completed quickly with ease. And if your device is rooted? No problem. The software still gets its job done easily without any hassle at all.
iMyFone has achieved a user base of approximately 2,000,000 people worldwide. It has an average of 4.4 out of 5 stars from its users.
- EaseUS: The software can efficiently recover your deleted files such as contact, text messages, and videos. It works with more than 6000 Android smartphones, including Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, OnePlus, and Asus. It comes with a simple user interface for an effortless experience in finding lost photos or video clips quickly.
EaseUS’ free data recovery software is reliable and easy to use. The app will take care of your files’ security, privacy, and overwrite protection without additional costs or fees in mind-vulnerable moments when you least expect it.
EaseUS is quite a popular software in over 160 countries. It has over 530 million users as per its official website. They have an average of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
- PhoneRescue: PhoneRescue is a program that can recover deleted data and restore it to your smartphone. It’s not just for rooting phones, this even works on non-rooted devices.
The software leverages customized technologies for each device type, so you don’t have to worry. All files will be scanned at impressive speeds to find what was lost from within them forever when everything necessary happened too fast or got accidentally overlooked by time itself.
The software can also create a backup of your device when it’s locked with a pattern, password, or fingerprint without losing any data. It has over 63,482,249 users around the globe, maintaining an excellent reputation with 4.4 out of 5 stars.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android Using Recovery Software?
You can recover text messages on Android using recovery software. Recovering deleted content from your computer can be a painful experience. The software is expensive, and there’s no guarantee that you’ll get the information back, so don’t waste time or money on this option if it doesn’t seem necessary.
There are many options for recovering your lost texts. Some require root access, which means they can see everything on the phone and overwrite any data stored there if you install it again without backing up first. Do thorough research before choosing one of these software packages as well–some may not even work with rooted phones.
Here’s how to recover your data on an Android phone:
- Put your phone in Airplane Mode: When airplane mode has been enabled, there won’t be any data rewriting due to metadata, allowing users more time to recover the data.
- Download your chosen software: Then, you need to install your chosen recovery software immediately. If you’re concerned about your text messages, use any SMS recovery software at your own risk.
- Enable USB Debugging: The next step is to install a utility that will allow your phone and desktop computer to talk. The instructions below vary depending on which Android device you have. Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Turn on developer mode > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Run the Software: Make sure you run the recovery software and follow all of its on-screen instructions. You will need to connect your phone for it to work properly.
How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android by Getting in Touch with Phone Carriers?
Recovering messages through the help of a phone carrier is not as easy as you think it is. This option may be effective for extreme cases (e.g., you need the texts as evidence in court). Your carrier stores text messages for a while after they’ve been deleted, and your request may be recoverable with some effort on behalf of them or an outside party willing to take up this task. It’s unlikely, though, unless there was negligence on the part of one side involved with the deleted texts.
The step-by-step process with regards to how phone carriers retrieve messages is unavailable to the public. Thus, it would be best to contact your phone carrier if you need assistance regarding your concern.
How to Recover Deleted Texts on iPhone?
The iPhone is a smartphone made by Apple that combines the best features of all your favorite devices into one compact machine. It’s got everything you need for work or play, including Internet access on-demand with Siri Eyes Free technology.
If you accidentally deleted some text messages on your iPhone or iPad, don’t fret. You actually have a few different ways of getting them back if you act quickly enough.
- Connect to iTunes and use the Backup feature to see if those messages are still backed up.
- Restore from a previous backup in iTunes before those messages disappeared.
- Use iCloud to find any instances of your phone sending texts to other iPhones and iPads that could be found there.
- Download information from email accounts that may have been syncing with your iPhone, including contacts, calendars, notes, etc.
- Backup from Cloud services such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
How to Recover Deleted Texts on iPhone without a Computer?
To recover deleted texts on iPhone without a computer, follow the steps below:
- Stop sending texts: When you delete a text message, it’s like leaving an unoccupied space. The deleted data will stay there unless another new message overwrites the undesignated area of your phone and sends them both for permanent deletion.
- Use your iCloud backup: Make sure you have a backup plan for your texts. They might be recoverable if the phone backs them up onto iCloud regularly, so double-check that this feature is enabled on both devices and give it some time to sync before deleting anything else from here. Go to Settings > Tap your username > iCloud > iCloud backup.
Setting > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase Now > Upon reset completion, click Restore from iCloud backup.
It is important to note that any new information will be lost if you cannot save your data since the last backup. That said, though – it’s still worth backing up just in case.
How to Recover Deleted Texts on iPhone using Finder?
To recover deleted texts using Finder, it is a whole lot easier with a backup. If you have a backup of your deleted messages on the Mac, they may be recoverable. However, it’s possible to restore from before their deletion using Finder or iTunes for those running macOS Catalina.
If not, don’t forget that all backups from before the text message was deleted will do because they can still access them through these programs by following specific steps. You need only be using Finder or iTunes as opposed to later versions without this function enabled.
- Link your phone to a computer: Connect your phone to the computer. Use a USB or USB-C cable (depending on what type of device it is) and enter settings beforehand. Enter the passcode if necessary.
- Open Finder: To get started, open Finder in the left column and select your iPhone.
- Restore your backup: Make sure you have a backup to restore from. Check the date of each one and choose an older file that you wish to restore. Once selected, select Restore on this computer if necessary; then wait for sync backup time.
Is There Any Text Recovery Software for iOS?
Yes. There are different software programs with the same purpose. Still, not all of them work as advertised, so before you purchase or download a trial version, it would be wise to read reviews from customers who have tried this particular product and see if they were satisfied by its performance.
The installation process should be pretty straightforward, but make sure you follow the instructions. There could be a few different ways to do something in software, and it’s important not to get lost along the way.
What are the Best Text Recovery Softwares for iPhone?
Stellar: With its polished user interface, stellar data recovery for iPhone doesn’t fail to attract. You can use this iPhone recovery software to recover information from older models just as easily as newer ones, including the 12 Pro, 11 pro, and more.
To get your lost data back, select the deleted type of files and then scan through them. You can save any recoverable items to an easy-to-find location on your computer with our software for iPhone. The free trial version of Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone can only preview recoverable files. However, it does not restore any data. The least-expensive paid option costs $39.99 and lasts one year.
Stellar has quite a reputation with an average of 4.0 ratings from its users. While the number of users is unavailable, this rating is commendable.
Dr. Fone: Wondershare Dr.Fone is an excellent solution for those looking to recover data from their iOS device- it has an incredibly high success rate and works seamlessly with most other software on the market today. No matter what type of data is lost, Dr.Fone can help you get it back with just a few clicks.
Whether it be your contacts list or voice memo recordings, this software is always there for people in need. Wondershare offers a free trial version of Dr.Fone, which allows you to scan your iPhone and assess whether the software works for recovering data before deciding if it’s worth $79 or less annually.
Dr. Fone gathered an average of 3.8 out of 5 stars from the review sites available online.
Joyoshare: A Joyoshare iPhone Data Recovery program can helpfully restore your data from numerous common situations, whether they are missing due to accidental deletion or iOS upgrade failure; device damage, locked or forgotten password. In addition, it supports jailbreak failures as well as system crashes.
Joyoshare iPhone Data Recovery can help you recover up to 20 types of files from your device. It includes messages and attachments, call logs for future reference or conversations with friends on the phone, and contact info if someone is trying to get a hold of us unexpectedly through one account while we’re using another. All these pieces make life easier by allowing us greater flexibility.
Joyoshare got 3.9 ratings from its users. It is difficult to obtain information about the number of users, but this rating reflects positively.
ApowerRescue: If you’re looking to recover data such as photos, videos, and other files from your iPhone or iTunes library, then ApowerRescue is worth checking out. You can use this software for retrieving lost iOS 11 information on both Macs and Windows computers.
Still, its particularity lies in its ability to recover different types of media, including music tracks, which makes them stand apart among many similar services available today.
This data recovery tool is a good choice for those who need an easy-to-use, lightweight program. It’s also great if you’re looking to recover your deleted files without paying any fees quickly. However, it may not be what people want if they have lots of old information from previous iOS versions on their devices.
The software has received excellent reviews from its users, with an average of 4.5 stars! It reflects how satisfied and happy these consumers are in regards to their experience using the product.
EaseUS MobiSaver: EaseUS MobiSaver is a great iPhone data recovery app if you’re not looking for a free solution and are willing to spend some money. You can use it safely, quickly get back lost text messages, contacts, photos, and videos notes, plus more.
EaseUS MobiSaver is a tool that recovers lost data from your iPhone or iTunes Backup. It has been designed to work with macOS, but if you are running Sierra on an iMac, it may be slower at scanning than previously used in previous releases of OS X. The free version of EaseUS MobiSaver can recover notes, call history, and more.
However, this program has some major limitations that you should be aware of, such as only five contacts or one photo/video for $79. If needed to restore more than these limits, it’ll cost extra money, but we recommend purchasing the pro edition, which is cheaper in comparison.
The software was met by an overwhelming amount of responses, with some rating it high and others dissatisfied. The average user gives this program a 3.5-star rating on average.
How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on iPhone from Carrier?
Your carrier may be able to help in an extreme situation (e.g., you need the texts as evidence for court). However, it’s unlikely that your phone company will recover deleted text messages if the reason you request them is minor.
The phone carrier’s secret process for retrieving messages is inaccessible to the public. However, it would be best if you could contact them about your concern and they may solve this issue for you.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone with an iCloud Backup?
If you’re having trouble recovering a text message from your recent iCloud backup, try performing a full restore. It will allow access to the deleted messages and all other saved data on the iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Click iCloud.
- Go to iCloud Backup – It’s always important to make sure your phone has been backed up recently.
- Go to the main Settings.
- Select General.
- Click Reset.
- Erase All Contents.
- Erase Now.
- Your iPhone will take a few minutes to reset, and then you’ll see the first welcome screen. Follow through with these steps for restoring from iCloud backup, which is also an easy process.
- Sign in to your iCloud account and choose which backup you want from the list of old backups, each representing messages that were deleted.
How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone with iTunes?
To recover deleted text messages on iPhone with iTunes, you may follow the steps below. As long as you backed up your phone to iTunes when you still had the text message that needed restoring, then it’s possible for deleted messages on iPhone using Apple’s software.
- Connect your phone to a computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Click the phone icon.
- Select Summary.
- Select restore the backup from the computer or change your backup selection back to iCloud.
- Click “Restore Back-up” to restore your computer’s most recent backup.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from iCloud account
You can recover deleted text messages from iCloud with a backup. Suppose you want to restore your deleted messages without losing any data, set up an iCloud account for this option. Although it’s not available for everyone, it is easy to do so.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to iCloud and log in to your iCloud account.
- When you see the app list, click on Messages. If it does not appear for some reason, your SMS texts haven’t been backed up and can only be used if they were copied through iTunes or iCloud backup with all messages intact.
- Find the text messages you’d like to restore.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and click your name.
- Choose “iCloud” from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle off messages.
- Choose “Keep On My iPhone” from the prompt window that displays.
- Toggle on messages.
- Select “Merge” and wait a few minutes to see if the deleted text messages have resurfaced on your iPhone.
Is It Possible to Recover SMS after Factory Reset?
Yes. It is entirely possible to retrieve data after an Android factory reset. How? Because whether you delete a file from your Android phone or do a factory reset, the data stored on your phone is never fully erased. The information is stored in your Mobile phone’s storage space. Only the overwriting of data can result in the data being permanently deleted.
If you factory reset your Android phone by accident or on purpose, there’s still a good chance you’ll be able to restore your data. But you’ll need a capable android data recovery program to do so, one that can scan your smartphone and retrieve all of your data after a factory reset.
There are two ways to do this. One is by using your local backup and using your Google account. A local backup is an offline copy of data that has been duplicated on another device. These are most often done with external hard disks or USB-powered HDDs, or various kinds of thumb drives. A Google account backup is an archive of a user’s data stored by the company, which can later be accessed to restore data.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Use your local backup: The majority of Android devices have a built-in backup capability. If you use that option on your Android device to create a backup, you’ll be able to restore your data from that backup after factory resetting your device. The procedure for backing up your Mobile phone’s data and restoring Android data after a factory reset is nearly identical on all Android phones.
- Go to your app’s “Settings” and then to the “Back-up and Restore” section. There is a backup option to back up the data on your Android phone there. Enable the option and follow the on-screen instructions on your Android phone.
- Navigate to the “Back-up and Restore” section under “Settings” to retrieve data after a factory reset Android. Now find the “Restore” option and select the backup file you made before resetting your Android phone. Select the file, and all of your data will be restored.
After you’ve produced a backup file in “Step 1,” you’ll need to transfer it to another device before you can factory reset your Android. After your Android has been factory reset, you can send it back to your Mobile to restore your data.
- Using Google Account: You can also use the Google account associated with your device to back up and recover data after your Android has been factory reset.
- Go to your device’s “Settings” menu and select the “Google” option. Once inside, navigate to “Back-up.” You’ll notice options to automatically back up your data to the linked Google account, as well as a backup option right now. Turn on both choices. Enable the “Automatic restoration” option as well. Allow the backup process to complete.
- When you reactivate your Google account after a device has been reset, you will be prompted to retrieve the information throughout the setup process. If you accept it, all of your data will be restored to the device.