Text message marketing remains a powerful platform businesses use despite the growing popularity of digital media. Automated text messaging can provide considerable value to businesses worldwide, especially in eCommerce, since it allows marketers to get the most out of automated text messages.
Automated text messages may help you improve conversions by sending personalized texts that urge consumers to take action. The challenge with text message automation is sometimes difficult to comprehend and set up correctly.
What is Text Message Automation?
Automated text messages are pre-written SMS messages sent to customers automatically based on specific criteria. A timetable (sent 2 hours before the start of a major sale), a timeline (sent one month after the previous purchase), or a series of events (sent on the 15th of every month with updates about your new products) are some examples.
Businesses may use text message automation to communicate with customers more personally without the additional resources to send out SMS manually. In this manner, text message automation allows businesses to build stronger relationships with their consumers quickly and cost-effectively.
What are the Benefits of Sending Automated Text Messages?
The main benefit of automating your messages is to provide a better customer experience. Automated marketing messages enable you to send person-specific, behavior-triggered communications. For example, after a consumer joins your SMS loyalty program, you may send them a personalized welcome message.
Setting up automation is driven by the desire to improve customer experience. Other areas where the company can also see the benefits of SMS marketing include the following:
1. Improve Your Team’s Productivity
Sending your clients booking updates or SMS Surveys, either one at a time or in bulk, is just two of the tasks you’ll no longer have to perform if they’re automated. The most efficient way to optimize your text marketing campaigns is to experiment with the best time to send them.
Perhaps sending a client a survey two days after the purchase is the most effective approach to obtain feedback, rather than at the end of the month.
2. Reduce the Potential for Errors
Through text message automation, businesses will know exactly what goes out and when, allowing you to keep track of how often you communicate with your consumers, which messages are effective, and overall improve your marketing strategy.
You’ll save time in the long run as you won’t have to repeat the steps, allowing you to go through the content of the message carefully and check for any mistakes that may have occurred during manual processing.
3. Personalize Your Customers’ Experiences
Suppose you can personalize your SMS campaign messages by addressing the audience by their first name or sending offers tailored to their previous purchasing patterns. In that case, your recipients will have a significantly better user experience.
By including customized text messages in your marketing campaign, you can improve the effectiveness of your communications through personalized mobile messaging and provide more relevant information to them. Personalized mobile messaging, for instance, might be more valuable by being based on location or previous purchases. Using this method, you may develop and maintain a personal connection with your clients through text messages.
In addition to this, consider how you want your SMS messages to be delivered. It’s essential to remember that many people have their text message alerts on their phones turned on. It implies that if your text message arrives at 4 a.m., it will upset your consumer significantly.
4. It Makes Your SMS Marketing Scalable
It’s true that cell phones are ubiquitous and that all of them may receive text messages. As a result, SMS marketing enables you to reach nearly everyone globally.
SMS automation allows businesses to see how many messages are opened, resulting in a sale or an email opt-in. When you send large volumes of SMS messages at once, you’ll be able to identify the most efficient way to contact your audience and adjust your strategy accordingly.
5. Appointment Reminders
One of the most common uses for text message automation is appointment reminders. If you have many clients, it can be challenging to manage their appointments, and remember to contact them the day before a scheduled appointment.
With SMS automation, you will avoid any inconveniences that may result from forgetfulness or lack of availability. It will allow you to access all your upcoming appointments and send reminder messages to your clients the day before without the need to schedule each event manually.
How to Automatize Your SMS Marketing Campaign?
It may be a big job to get started with SMS as a messaging tool for your firm. However, once you’ve completed the automation, you’ll have a reliable system for connecting with all of your customers on a personal basis and promptly. Best of all, because the communications will be entirely automated, you won’t have to worry about staying on schedule when you are busy.
Here are the steps to follow to automize your SMS Marketing Campaign.
Step 1: Register with an automated text message service provider
The tools and services you use to achieve your automated messages goals begin with. When selecting an SMS marketing company, be sure you understand the pricing structure, so you aren’t blindsided by hidden expenses later on.
You’ll also find any other features you should consider, such as text message capabilities, simplicity of use, and additional tools like data capture forms, customer segmentation, and campaign reporting.
Step 2: Upload your list of contacts or begin creating it.
Once you’ve joined an SMS marketing network, you’ll need to import your contact list and double-check that each number is in international format.
Remember that text messages should be sent only to customers who have expressly authorized the service. It is required by law in some countries, including the United States, so double-check whether you have explicit consent before adding anyone to your list.
It’s never been easier to start building a list. There are many ways to obtain contacts, such as through email lists and referrals from satisfied clients. Once you have a list of approved contacts, it’s time to start your SMS marketing campaign.
Step 3: Set up an automated text message campaign
Start by choosing the pre-built workflow that best fits your company goals for automating text messages. Don’t forget that many automated SMS services allow you to select from various tools and forms.
You can add images, hyperlinks and even add other users who should have access to specific campaigns or portions of your workflow. You can then schedule when the messages will be sent (or sent in response to particular events) by setting up triggers in the workflow.
For instance, utilizing an Abandoned Cart procedure reminds potential consumers of your firm’s items. Incentivizing their purchase with a timely offer delivered by text may differ between getting them over the fence and losing them as customers.
Step 4: Make your automated messages more interesting by adding content to them.
You may monitor the progress of your campaign in real-time, including how many people have viewed or opened any given message. You’ll get detailed reporting on the outcomes of each automated text message after you’ve completed an SMS marketing campaign.
From there, you may assess whether your process is functioning. For example, you may create a Welcome series to send an SMS as soon as a customer joins. Then, set up the workflow to send a welcome email sometime after the SMS. These two communications, when used correctly, can complement one another and encourage consumers to make their first purchase.
Step 5: Monitor the effectiveness of the ongoing campaign
Once you’ve launched your campaign, all you have to do is relax and let the software take care of everything. However, it is also crucial to look at your automation service reports to see what works and what you may improve for your business.
Here are some of the most crucial SMS statistics to keep an eye on are the following:
- The total number of text messages sent has been sent.
- The number of recipients who clicked on a link in an SMS is divided by the total number of recipients.
- The campaign’s income is calculated by adding up the dollar values of all its sales.
- The email unsubscribing rate is the proportion of clients who remove themselves from your communications.
- The percentage of intended recipients who did not receive the SMS for any reason is known as the bounce rate.
Monitoring your current SMS marketing campaign, especially the effectiveness of your automated text messages may very well help your business adapt to the buying trends of your customers.
What Kind of Messages can be Sent by Automation?
Creating automated text messages may be difficult since they must be concise yet exciting enough to entice recipients to take action. Every message can significantly impact your traffic and revenue if you get it right.
Here are some of the usual messages that you can create to run your automated text messaging campaign in the most effective manner.
1. Automated SMS Workflows
SMS workflows are automated sequences for customers to enjoy a custom experience based on their individual needs. With SMS workflows, you may deliver tailored text messages to people depending on their actions.
For example, you may send an SMS with a discount link and follow up after a set length of time with another SMS based on whether or not the recipient clicked on the link. These SMS campaign processes are ideal for gathering data, keeping old customers happy, and more.
You may create automated SMS workflows simply by dragging and dropping objects onto a blank canvas while connecting all events using automated text message services. There is no coding necessary. Your marketing approach would be sorely lacking without a text message automation function.
2. SMS Drip Messages
SMS drip messaging is a type of automated text message delivered to subscribers after a predetermined length of time following an activity.
With this auto-text function, you may “set and forget” about your marketing campaign easily. You can connect numerous campaigns to create a sequence of automatic SMS messages transmitted to consumers weeks, months, or even years after they first engage with your brand.
For example, you can contact a subscriber five days after obtaining their phone number and inquire about a discount code for future purchases.
Drip text messages may be even more intelligent by utilizing segment filters, which deliver automated text messages based on specific criteria that you choose. Subscribers who provided their names visited a link or made a purchase are just a few examples.
It is advantageous since you may use SMS messages to automatically serve customers better with as little or as much complexity as you choose.
3. Scheduled Text Messages
One of the simplest methods to use SMS automation for your firm is scheduled text messages. You may choose to send a text message immediately or regularly after a certain period. You can set a date and time at which you want to send your text message by choosing to send it later.
You should choose the timezone where your messages will be sent if you want the best result. You can deliver appointment reminders, stock replenishment notifications, event reminders, and so much more with scheduled SMS messages. When sending mass text campaigns, it’s a must-have feature for SMS automation.
The most popular SMS automation function is automatic replies or autoresponders. These automated tests are activated when an event occurs, or someone sends a specific code. These SMSs may be fully customized and delivered right away or just in time for your planned events.
The majority of SMS autoresponders are used and sent to customers to confirm orders or to remind them to renew subscriptions. When someone purchases from your store, they get an auto-reply text that thanks them for their purchase and offers additional information. Some businesses also utilize SMS autoresponders to give basic facts while simultaneously setting up other keywords that can send specific answers to consumers who
For example, you may create an SMS autoresponder with a link for clients to check their order status on their phones when a client texts SHIPPING.
5. Repeating Messages
Recurring SMS or repeating messages are SMS texts that send automatically at regular timing. Similar to schedule SMS messages, periodic SMS messages allow you to specify a time to send the message. You can also choose to repeat the text in the future or not.
With this type of SMS, you can set up text messages to send daily, weekly, monthly, or annually. You have unlimited scheduling options to have the flexibility and put recurring SMS messages on autopilot. You can fill in information about your customers so that you can time the messages according to their routines and schedules.
For example, you can set up a bulk text message that sends to your subscriber list on the second Tuesday of every month, at 8:15 a.m., to remind them about a monthly event. Also, some companies send Birthday Greetings along with a unique discount code to encourage customers to purchase from their store. The options are endless. You can combine these messages with your segments to target people who meet specific criteria with relevant SMS.
6. Survey Text Messages
Another way to utilize automatic text messaging is to send an SMS Survey to a few of your customers a few days after they bought from you or as soon as they’ve finished discussing with one of your customer care staff. It might assist you in gaining good information and pinpointing where you may improve.
Customers are likely to respond better to your marketing overtures if you ask them what they enjoy and despise about your firm. It will not only give your customers a brand recall, you will also get their first-hand impression about your services, products, and overall brand.
7. Abandoned Cart SMS Messages
If you run an online business, you are undoubtedly concerned about the revenue you miss from abandoned purchases. People frequently fill up their carts with items, start the checkout process, and lose interest in proceeding with their orders. Thus, the cancellation rates become high.
Through auto text messaging, SMS marketing is one of the most effective strategies to re-engage with alienated clients, get them back in shopping carts, and encourage them to finish the transactions.
You may use text message services to send abandoned cart SMS with just a few clicks. Your automated text messages will start sending prospects who leave your checkout flow with a simple link that directs them back to your shop and continue shopping.
You can then monitor the effectiveness of your cart recovery SMSs using our analytics dashboard. You’ll have access to all of the information you need to ensure a positive return on investment.
What Tools is Used for Text Message Automation?
Text marketing platforms best provide the tools you need to start automated text messaging for your customers. Here is a list of some of the top SMS marketing tools and platforms you can explore for your different business needs.
- JookSMS – Sends bulk SMS with an easy 2-way conversation platform that does not require mobile or tech skills.
- Klaviyo – This allows you to send automated messages based on user behavior. It is a human-like personalized service, enabling you to respond more effectively and maximize the ROI of your message campaigns.
- TextMagic – allows you to send individual messages with dynamic content, schedule messages for future delivery, personalize messages using customer data and use segmentation to reach out to targeted audiences.
- SimpleTexting – Data collection, segmentation, two-way messaging, scheduled texts, autoresponders, importing contacts, keywords, shortcodes, and data gathering are all features.
- Click send allows you to engage in two-way communication with customers, personalizing messages using customer data.
Can You Create an Automated Response System for Customers?
Yes. Many businesses take advantage of creating custom auto-responses to meet customer expectations and make them feel valued. However, it is advisable to follow the main ideas for developing professional auto-reply messages to provide immediate communication.
- Setting forth clear expectations for customers is a best practice to inform your customers in advance that an automated service may send them a reply when they contact you.
- Gathering customer consent for utilizing automatic reply – one of the great ways to gain their approval is by adding an autoresponder message when people fill your web form or subscribe to your list.
- Provide alternative methods for customers to communicate with you. Customers should be made aware of the different ways they can contact a firm via confirmation emails, automated responses, and text messages.
- Consider the Language Tone – To enhance customers’ responses, it is essential to be as specific as possible. Customers should not have to reply with a pre-filled message or key phrases.
- Add visuals to your automated response – Images and videos can add value to your business. A picture is worth a thousand words. Customers will appreciate visual content while they wait for their reply.
- Personalize auto text messages – Customizing your automated replies makes your clients feel good (if you do it correctly) since it allows you to offer something genuinely beneficial and tailored.
Can You Send Notifications and Reminders by Using Automation Software?
Yes. Just like automated response messages, text message automation software can also be used to send notifications and reminders. While not all services can do this at the same speed or with the same level of accuracy, they do offer similar benefits.
Some people call it “one-to-many” messaging because you can deliver a message out to many people – even if you didn’t send the message to everyone personally. For example, if you want to remember your friend’s birthday or update your customers on new products or service changes, automation software can help streamline the process.
Using this type of technology is excellent for sharing information with multiple people at once. No matter what industry they’re in, professionals will find a few different ways to use this functionality in their business.
Is Text Message Automation Legal?
Yes, SMS text message automation is legal. However, you must follow several rules and regulations when using this technology.
The company must have explicit SMS consent from the customer before sending automated messages. For every message sent, you should provide a way for customers to opt-out. Additionally, you must clearly state that a message is automated.
What is the Cost of Sending Automated Text Message?
Auto text message providers offer various pricing plans for Automated Text service. The cost of SMS Marketing may range from $25 for every 1000 credits per month, and it can go up based on the needs of your business.
You may explore and compare service providers for the best deals and offers that will provide your company’s requirements. Plans often come with keywords, reliable customer support, a contact list, and complimentary income messages.
JookSMS has an excellent offer for SMS automation services. You may also create a custom plan for your budget and specific needs.
What to Care while Using Automated Text Message Services?
Once you’ve decided that you would like to use an automated messaging service, you need to develop goals so that your SMS marketing campaign will succeed and help your business grow. Here are some pointers to care about when using automated text message services.
- Clarify your goals – Write down your goals and objectives to help you achieve them.
- Target your audience – Your SMS marketing campaign will only be successful if your messages reach the right people. Who is most likely to purchase from you? What sort of content can they benefit from? Start with these questions when targeting your audience, then create a strategy.
- Study your customers – How does your customer tend to communicate? What type of messages will appeal to you the most? Once you’ve collected this information through research, you can create a strategy that includes personalized messages and language.
- Monitor your automated messages – There are times when mistakes happen, or there may be a bug in your software that sends the wrong message. Constantly monitor your system and check for any error messages to prevent unwanted results.
- Write effective, compelling headlines – Be sure to write a compelling headline for each automated text message you send out. Since many subscribers will receive many texts simultaneously, it’s essential to make yours stand out.
- Measure your results – Keep track of the number of clicks, text opt-ins, and conversions from your campaign to assess whether or not it was successful. You may even want to try testing different tactics from time to time, which can help you discover what works best with a particular audience.
- Work with a service provider who understands your needs – Communication is vital when developing an SMS marketing campaign. Thus, it’s crucial to work with a service provider who understands your goals and objectives, knows about the latest laws and regulations, and is willing to make changes based on feedback.
- Follow the rules – If you’re sending automated messages via email, you must include an easy way for people to opt-out of your list. Also, remember to incorporate all of your legal information into your message.